If you have a wisdom tooth, it might not create any problem at the initial stage but the problems can broaden up as you grow. Some people have one wisdom tooth, while some may have four and in rare cases, some may have more than four, as well. The wisdom tooth is also known as the third molar, which when grows can create many problems in mouth and pain to the person. Therefore, dentists always advise to remove them at a certain age. If they are left unattended, they can even damage the second molars and eventually decay the entire mouth of the person.
If you have been suggested by the dentist to go for wisdom teeth removal then do not hesitate and go for it. Earlier, it used to be a complicated process. However, nowadays, with the advanced technology and developments in science, the process has turned out to be easy for the dentist to remove it with an ease. If you are wondering why they must be removed, then here is a brief explanation of it.
- Wisdom tooth or teeth start appearing at the age from 18 to 26 and more, they have a tendency to disturb other teeth in alignment.
- As wisdom tooth grows, it comes out in the direction of another tooth and eventually damages it.
- A wisdom tooth can give an immense pain to some people.
- If not removed on time, it can lead to gum diseases and decay of tooth too.
- Infection in tissues, throat, cheek, and tongue is a common problem associated with a wisdom tooth.
- Sometimes, the wisdom tooth cuts into the skin and can give a cyst.
Tips to keep in mind regarding wisdom tooth removal
It is true that removing the wisdom tooth can be painful, however, following some procedures as explained by the dentists can help in easing out the pain to a certain extent.
- Consult an experienced dentist only: The procedure of wisdom teeth removal is not easy and requires experience and high level of knowledge. Only a professional can do it in an effortless manner without giving you much pain. Therefore, it is necessary that you find out the reliable dentist for the treatment.
- Sleep as much as you can: After the treatment is done, it is important that you get enough rest. The more you rest your body, the less time it takes to heal. Make sure you are in relaxed mode and not working which can increase the pain.
- Control your diet: As there is bleeding during the surgery, it is important to have nutritious food after the treatment to get the energy to the body. You cannot take solid food for a couple of days, so have juices and then go ahead with semi-liquid food. Do not consume spicy or even hot food items, which can make your situation worse than it was.
- Use ice cubes: If your cheeks are swollen then you may use ice cubes to ease the spot. Not just the cheek reduces swollenness, but the pain also diminishes to a greater extent.
- Medications from dentists: The dentist will prescribe you medications to consume before and after the procedure of wisdom teeth removal. It is important that you follow it carefully.
- Consult dentist in case of emergency: Sometimes, you may experience unbearable pain and continuous bleeding even after the treatment. If you experience so, rush to your dentist immediately without any delays in further treatment.
Once you follow the above procedures, you will be satisfied with the treatment and you will have a pain free life ahead.